The Valley Fever Center for Excellence (VFCE) provides an organizational structure to implement leadership against Valley fever:
- Members of the VFCE facilitate collaboration of faculty from across campus who share in this common purpose and assist in recruitment of new faculty who wish to participate.
- Members of the VFCE are developing a statewide collaboration with the three state universities and other institutions that wish to participate in managing Valley fever.
- Members of the VFCE will provide a point of contact for efforts nationally and internationally to manage Valley fever.
Expectations of Membership
- Willingness to communicate with other members about possible areas of collaboration.
- Provide a report of current Valley fever activities to be posted and updated on the VFCE website annually.
- Accept requests for periodic presentations at VFCE-hosted seminars and other programs.
Cite the VFCE affiliation on all publications related to Valley fever.
- Disclose any real or perceived conflict of interest.
Benefits of Membership
- Potential access to VFCE member-shared equipment, space, and other resources.
- Potential access to mentoring and other information about Valley fever from other members of the VFCE.
- Grant administration by VFCE as appropriate.
- Recognition of membership and posting of Valley fever activities on the VFCE website.
If you are interested in becoming a member, please fill out this form.
To view the VFCE Charter, visit HERE.
Types of Membership
MEMBER- University of Arizona employees or Banner Health professionals who are authorized to be a principal investigator on UArizona sponsored projects.
AFFILIATE MEMBER- University of Arizona employees or Banner Health professionals not meeting Member criteria.
STUDENT MEMBER- Any individual currently enrolled in a degree-conferring training program at the University of Arizona.